About Us

Port Glasgow Golf Club (designed by James Braid) was founded in 1895 initially as a 9 hole course before being expanded to 18 holes (par 64) in 1920. It remained that way for 54 years until in 1974 was expanded to include “The Field” adding 5 holes  …the 5th, 6th, 7th,8th and 9th and therefore allowing many of the original 18 to be redesigned and lengthened  into a new layout which remains to this days.

A moorland course, Port Glasgow offers panoramic views over the Firth of Clyde, Ben Lomond, the Cowal  and Kilpatrick hills. Noted for maintaining its conditions all year round it will test the accuracy and judgment of most golfers particularly when the winds gets up!

Layout